Thursday, July 23, 2009

2nd Session Camper Posts

We have already had a blog writing activity this session and the girls were excited to share their stories of the first few days with you!

At camp we went on our cabinside overnight! All of the campers had a LOT of FUN! When we came back from our overnight we had hamburgers, fried, and sodas. In Ponderosa West we went Beyond A-Bluff for our overnight. The people that are in Ponderosa West are Vivi, Hannah, Savannah, Natalie, Rachel, Emily, and me Katie! We had a really fun time. We were going to go squirt water guns at Silver Spruce West! Also, we were going to steal their s'mores. Instead we went to Top of the World and got turned around. When we got back to our tents we went to sleep. Zzzzzzzzzzzz!!!A lot of the campers dressed up in camouflage and went to steal candy from the Big Spring boys today. I think they had a lot of fun.
-Katie O'Hara

On the first day of camp, I was both psyched and nervous. I was worried that I wouldn't get along with my cabinmates. Naturally, I wasn't the first person in my cabin. That's when I met Hanna and Mackenzie, both from different parts of Connecticut. They seemed really nice, and I was glad at least 2 people could be good friends with me. It also helped a lot that Hanna has been to camp before. We hung out in the cabin for awhile and Caitlin and Meghan arrived. I was pretty surprised that there are so many people from different states in my cabin. Caitlin is from Alaska and Meghan's from Iowa. At my other camp, the majority of the campers were from Colorado. I was one of the only ones from Texas. We went to eat lunch after they arrived. At 2 or 3 we all had to go down to the barn to go riding prep and learn how to tack up our horses. That's when we met up with Anna and Carley. We later returned to the cabin. Around 4 o'clock, Calire came. She's very quiet, but extremely nice. Everyone that hadn't already unpacked did, and we headed to dinner at 6 o'clock. That's where Lea met up with us. We ate lasagna, which was phenomenal. By then, we were all curious as to where Ellen was. She was supposed to show up at the same time as Claire. Then at 5:30, then 7, then 9. She ended up arriving at 10:30. We were all ready for bed. That's pretty much my whole first day. I've found Sanborn to be extremely fun!
-Shylie Miller

Today we got back from our cabinside overnight where we had so much fun. Yesterday, after eating a big breakfast of pancakes and sausage, our whole cabinside set off on our first camping trip of the session. We hiked for a little while before we arrived at our campsite. At first glance, it seemed like a random spot by the edge of an aspen grove. Within a few minutes it would look like a whole lot more! We quickly set about pitching our tents. Lunch never tastes as good as when you have just finished a hike. We spent the afternoon talking and relaxing in tents before we met up with two other cabinsides to play Capture the Flag and relay races. Then we returned to our campsite for dinner and s'mores. The evening was great, from a debate of golden brown vs. black marshmallows to a peculiar outbreak of uncontrolled laughter. Some of us chose to spend the night in the field to see the stars and find constellations. When rain started to fall, we moved back into the tents with the hopeful thoughts of wishes upon shooting stars.
-Claire Dolin

On Friday, July 18 the risky girls of Silver Spruce West wrote a letter to a Big Spring cabin and got a letter back 4 days later. On the letter the girls sent they included the following sentence: "We now have to go ride pretty ponies over sparkling rainbows!" Do you think that the boys would take that seriously? Well they didn't and they started to joke with us too. "We want to ride our white stallions with you girls." The girls did write another letter back and said they would like to meet them at the dance. I wonder what the boys will say next.
-Jordan Claire Wagner

On our cabinside overnight we ate s'mores and they were really delicious. It was so fun to sleep outside. We ate McDonald's lunch when we got back. When I first got to camp I was nervous. But now camp is really fun because we do things that are really active and fun. I get to do a lot of fun stuff here that I have never done before like eating s'mores and sleeping outside. I am having a really good time. All of the campers are having fun. The counselors are really having fun with us.
-Camila Bouffier

No comments:

Post a Comment